Not Just Any Cheese
We had a BIG New Year’s Eve Party, and when I say BIG, I mean all of the appetizers included cheese of some sort.
And, if you like pimento cheese, here’s a crowd-pleasing recipe for you:
This is taken from Life of a Modern Housewife. I’ve made a few changes.
Vermont White Cheddar Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- 2 C extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I think I’ll use a little less next time)
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (I put in food processor with cheese)
- 1-4 oz jar of pimento, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire